Wednesday, April 14, 2010

the second day of presentations and again i am taken back by how great i think that everyone is doing! its causing me to have some 'anxiety of influence' while trying to write my own paper but at the same time listening to everyone present their ideas i am having little moments of 'ooh' epiphanies. i am finding more moments in my time as an english major to put into my paper and so in that sense i am feeling pretty great about how my paper will turn out.

i have decided to not really write much about my time here at MSU before becoming an english major.... i feel that i didn't really enjoy any of my time spent in classes before my english classes started so I'm looking back at just the four years that have gotten me to the place i am now... which is completely in love with the four quartets! since sexson suggested that i name my paper 'Stations along the way' (actually i cant remember if it was stations along the way or stations on the way but either way its titled stations along the way) i thought that structuring my paper into four small chapters would work best. with each chapter i have gone through and found a quote from each of the quartets that will be the titles of each chapter.

as of now my paper has most of its introduction, some of its conclusion and a little bit of the middle .... but i am having a little bit of a hard time trying to figure out what exactly i want each chapter to say ..... what is helping me though is reading through the four quartets... because each time i do i have another memory of a class in the past... or at least another small 'ooh' moment where i have yet another idea for the paper. Hopefully it goes as well as it is going in my head... i just need to start typing it!

No comments:

Post a Comment